Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Angel in the Galley

I'm sorry, ducks, I haven't anything exciting to write about.

So let's talk about something everyone likes: food!

Here on the airship Inkstained Succubus, we like our food. In fact, I've written two cookbooks, neither of which is readily available.

However, on my Wednesdays when I can think of nothing else to share, you'll get a new recipe, tested in our galley and force fed to our authors and crew.


I've discovered the fun and games that is Pinterest. You can find me, goggles and all, there quite often.

As I mentioned, my oldest son recently graduated. To celebrate, we made Awesome Brownies of Awesomeness
They are loosely based on this pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/517914025868101651/

4 packages of brownie mix (eggs and oil to make them with), mixed as directed
1 bag of chocolate chips
2 packages mint oreo cookies

I just did these in a pan, but I think a muffin tin is a wiser choice.
Line the muffin cups with paper liners and pour just enough brownie batter to cover the bottom.
Add one oreo to each muffin cup.
Mix chocolate chips into remaining batter.
Cover oreos.
Add second oreo to cup. Cover with batter.
Bake as directed until brownies are done.

Mint chocolate chip ice cream on top of these is complete overkill, so please, go for it.

Be good and don't blow up the kitchen, and maybe later this summer there will video footage of ice planets and how my own genius children cope with problematic food.

Clear Skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment